Welcome back Multi-Passionate Mastery, the podcast that helps you embrace your many talents as a gift, not a burden.
Are you tired of the constant pressure and mental strain that being on social media can bring to your day-to-day life? Have you ever considered leaving social media for good? I bet you’ve even tried to delete the apps, but FOMO pulled you back in.
If so, maybe what you need is to see some examples of what life can look like beyond social media and that’s what we’ll be unpacking in today’s episode.
I made my exit from the world of social media in August of 2022 and never looked back. The result has been a life that’s less influenced by influencers, and days that feel more spacious without the constant desire to “check my posts.”
When I made the decision to leave social media today’s guest, Amelia Hruby, was both my inspiration and my guide.
On today’s episode of Multi-Passionate Mastery, Amelia shares her personal journey of quitting social media and how it catalyzed bravery and clarity in her life.
We chat about:
- The negative effects of social media on our mental health
- Disconnecting from the noise of social media in order to tune into your own inner voice
- Where to get support if you want to leave social media behind for good.
- AND we get real about some unexpected hardships that not being on social can present as a small business owner.
Get ready to question everything you thought you knew about needing social media to be successful!
🎙 Episodes Mentioned 🎙
🥰 About Our Guest 🥰
Amelia Hruby is a feminist writer, educator and podcaster with a PhD in philosophy. She is the founder & executive producer of Softer Sounds, a feminist podcast studio that supports women & nonbinary small business owners. And she’s the host of Off the Grid, a podcast about leaving social media without losing all your clients. She’s multi-passionate & multi-talented and as she likes to say — everything she does helps babes get their voices off social media & onto the airwaves.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Off the Grid podcast: https://www.softersounds.studio/off-the-grid
- The FREE Leaving Social Media Toolkit: https://www.softersounds.studio/byeig
- The Business Success Without Social Media Mini-Course: https://icy-water-105.myflodesk.com/
- 💭 Do you have a question or reflection about this episode? I’d love to hear it! Send me a voice note.
- 🤩 FREE TRAINING: How to Bring Your Ideas to Life on a Completely Stress-Free Timeline with the Priority Mapping Method.
- 📌 Never miss a new episode! Join my email list and opt-in for podcast updates. Sign up here: https://joi-knows-how.com/newsletter
- 🎉 My group coaching program for multi-passionates is NOW ENROLLING!
Ready to FINALLY break free from the pressure of doing “all the things” at once?! Prioritize and Thrive has the coaching, course, and community for you. Learn more and join us by visiting https://multipassionatemastery.com/coaching
- 😍 Loving the show? Take a moment to leave a review on Apple Podcasts (here’s how) or a 5-star rating on Spotify.
- 📜 You can access the automated transcript for this episode HERE
PIN FOR LATER: